Monday, January 21, 2008

Starting from Scratch

A few weeks ago I was surprised to find that there was no emergent cohort already in existence in Richmond. Surely Richmond is a large enough Metro area to support a cohort.

When I inquired of EV, however, it turns out that there has been some interest in starting a cohort. There simply has been nobody who wanted to lead it.

I don't mind getting a cohort started. I don't mind leading it, either, but I would prefer doing it with a community.

Right now I am in the process of getting in touch with all those who have inquired with Emergent Village from the Richmond Area. Hopefully we will be able to get enough together to start having meetings some time in Spring of 2008.

In the mean time, if any are interested in joining the cohort, please leave a comment here. I would love the opporunity to meet others.

1 comment:

GandM1990 said...

Hi!

I know next to nothing about the emerging church movement, but am very interested. My wife and I held similar conversational house meetings when we lived in Baton Rouge, LA in the 90’s. Please let us know about your progress.

Cheers!

Greg