Saturday, April 5, 2008

"Fidelity of Betrayal: Towards a Church Beyond Belief"


Here's a note from my good friend, Pete Rollins, about his forthcoming and second book, "The Fidelity of Betrayal: Towards a Church Beyond Belief" published by Paraclete Press:

In this work I make the claim that, in order to remain faithful to Christianity, we must be courageous enough to betray the bible (section 1), God (section 2) and the church (section 3). Why? Do I think that we must abandon them as redundant relics of a by-gone era? Do I think that they have served their purpose? Or do I feel that they prevent the world coming of age? By no means! Here I argue for a betrayal that remains faithful to these very words by helping us to re- discover the truly untamed, white-hot, life-transforming reality that they house.

This book was not easy to write and it will no doubt be difficult to read, but I hope that you find it to be a provocative and worthy dialogue partner as you continue to reflect upon what it means to follow Christ today.

Cheers,

Pete Rollins

No comments: